Stacks mining is currently available using the
stacks-node executable from the
There are two ways to obtain the software.
- Download the latest release from GitHub , which contains a ready-to-run program for your operating system.
- Build the code directly from GitHub, which requires more prerequisites but gives access to the latest fixes.
Option 1 is the fastest way to get things running, and preferable if you do not have experience with compiling software.
Option 2 is more advanced, requiring Rust, Git, and the correct build tools for your OS.
Note: the Stacks blockchain software and many accompanying tools require Node.js to be installed. Mac/Linux users are recommended to use nvm, whereas Windows users can download the software directly from the NodeJS website.
- Stacks Node Setup - instructions and links for setting up a Stacks node.
- Stacks Node Configuration Options - full list of supported configuration items and defaults.
- Stacks Node RPC Endpoints - every running Stacks node exposes an RPC API, which allows you to interact with the underlying blockchain ( another reference here ).
- Understand Mining - technical details related to mining on the Stacks 2.0 network.
- Community Resources - a collection of mining resources from the community.
- Mining FAQ - answers to common questions from Discord and other sources.
- Stacks 2.0 Mining Questions - a list of questions from community miners, and the basis of the Mining FAQ
- Mining Community - a shared document from community miners used during open community meetings
- STX Mining: The First 1000 Blocks of Stacks 2.0 - blog post from Xan at Daemon Technologies analyzing the first 1000 blocks
- STX Mining Update: The First 5000 Blocks of Stacks 2.0 - updated blog post from Xan at Daemon Technologies analyzing the first 5000 blocks
- Mining-Bot - A graphical interface for stacks-node with built-in blockchain statistics.
- Stacks-Dump - A console application for searching stacks-node storage and displaying blockchain statistics.
- Stacks Explorer - transaction and block explorer for Stacks 2.0.
- Stacks Explorer Sandbox - send STX, test, deploy, and call contracts.
- Pub-Stacks-Dump - an hourly update of stacks-dump from an independent miner on the Stacks 2.0 Mainnet.